Judging a comedian by his looks is almost as bad as judging a book by its cover. The truth of the matter is you must read the story, or in this case, get to know the comedian, in order to see just how good looking they really are. Now don’t get me wrong, there are some ridiculously good looking comedians out there like Dane Cook who – oops – didn’t make my cut. But then there are others who have grown on me.
When we hear the word “hot” we think, “Wow! That’s a fine looking human.” The word comedian doesn’t seem to enter the same atmosphere as “hot.” Well, in my world, the distinction between the two is quite fuzzy. People don’t need to have smoking hot bods to be attractive. As long as they can make me laugh for hours, my eyes won’t be open long enough to even care.
Anyways, I chose ten of my favorite comedians that are so funny, good looking and adork-able that they flat out make me yearn for them.
See if any of your top hot male comedians made my list.
10. Bill Murray: MOJO. Murray was a star on Saturday Night Live back in the 70′s. His performance in the 2003 film Lost in Translation earned him a nomination for Best Actor. If they follow through in making Ghostbusters 3, he better be in it. That is all that needs to be said.
9. Will Ferrell: If it were up to me, Ferrell would rule our planet. He would bring peace to countries with the sound of his voice, a combination between “Jesus and Fergie.” I don’t think a comedian has made me laugh more in my life, and for that he’s definitely earned hot kudos.
7. Vince Vaughn: Do you know how many times I’ve seen Wedding Crashers? It was only to hear the 6’5″ actor and his wild rants where he used “phenomenal” in numerous lines. Seriously, check it out and take a shot for every time he says it. But maybe not, cause you might die. Anyways, tallness on a man is sexy, therefore Vaughn is sexy.
6. Russell Brand: Sometimes I think, “This guy needs a bath.” But then I realize that he’s dirty, and I like that. Why do I like that? It’s disgusting but I can’t help wanting to be underneath his umbrella of grease while he speaks all “britishy” to me. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was the kicker.
5. Chris Rock: If I could marry a mouth it would be Chris Rock’s. There is no argument necessary to prove my point. Rock will be featured in Steve Carell’s upcoming Showtime documentary “Inside Comedy” next January.
4. Andy Samberg: My god, we’ve got a hot comedian. I don’t know which came first his famous digital short “d@#$ in a box” or my gravitation of lust to him. It doesn’t hurt that his hair kinda looks like it belongs on an angel. Just saying.
3. Paul Rudd: Again, another hot comedian. I say it like there are none in the world because let’s face it, funny guys choose to be funny because they aren’t hot. This proves that Rudd was either an ugly duckling as a child that blossomed into a babe or some very intelligent alien from another galaxy. He started off with more cutesy movies like Clueless but finally found his niche in films like 40 Year Old Virgin, Role Models, and I Love You Man.
2. Adam Sandler: So the older Sandler gets the more into him I am. Take for example, his SNL days- I found him over the top. I mean what was up with that voice he used to do? The little baby one? You know what I’m talking about if you’ve ever seen anything from the early 90′s with him in it. But as he’s moved on to make movies such as The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, and Grown Ups I just can’t help but find him irresistibly charming.
1. Steve Carell: There is no way I could have made this without Steve Carell gracing my list with his presence. Some of you may be thinking he is so-so but those ludacris few of you couldn’t be more wrong. It wasn’t his brilliant characterization of Michael Scott on The Office or his dippy role as Brick in Anchorman that led to my ultimate desire of Carell; but rather his part in Crazy, Stupid, Love that made me fall in love with him. Oh, and have you seen the man’s teeth? His smile is perfect!
About the Author: I have a Bachelor's of Arts in English/Creative Writing and minor in Dance with the aspirations to become a young adult fiction writer! Of course, in my spare time I freakishly love cleaning, taking photographs, watching a good movie, dancing like a baboon and having a mad crush on Andy Samberg. I believe comedy is vital and am excited to be a part of AmericasComedy.Com!