For those of you glued to the television during the Golden Globes, you may have missed out on the hilarity of Twitter commentary about said awards show. The Golden Globes provide everything a comedian needs, from awkward moments to insecure celebrities with tons of baggage. Hosted by comedian Ricky Gervais, the Golden Globes is becoming an event that is for our entertainment as much as it is for awarding great acting.
Here are ten of the best comedian tweets during the Golden Globes telecast:
10. @AnthonyJeselnik: Kind of surprised Morgan Freeman didn’t thank his granddaughter
9. @AzizAnsari: The only two people still rocking a chain wallet over the age of 25 @DanLevy and Johnny Depp.
8. @JenKirkman: Someone just poked Brad and told him to laugh and clap at his wife
7. @KevinNealon: Ironically Woody Allan is accepting for Modern Family
6. @BrendonWalsh: Meryl Streep should win another Golden Globe for acting so overwhelmed and surprised that she won a stupid Golden Globe
5. @RobDelaney: Betty White attended the first Golden Globes in 1822 and her date was painter Auguste Renoir
4. @MarcMaron: The transition from Poitier to Mirren was like losing air speed over a canyon
3. @BrendonWalsh: I watched Money Ball totally nude in a hotel a couple weeks ago. #GoldenGlobes
2. @JenKirkman: George Clooney is giving Brad Pitt some serious bedroom eyes
1. @KevinNealon: Some of the biggest awards yet to come? What, are they going to start giving out Oscars? #GoldenGlobes
Watch Ricky Gervais’ opening monologue at the Golden Globes here:
About the Author: Majority owner of AmericasComedy.Com. Grateful and blessed. Google me!